When I was younger, we would grow this big garden. My favorite hing was we grew all these herbs. For some reason, bail grew much more then the others like rosemary and thyme.We made all these bail dips but my favorite thing was pesto. My mom made fabulous pesto and we mixed it in with pasta. It is my favorite recipe from growing up. It got passed down and know I make it for my family. It is amazing!! Fresh and flavorful the best things to have in a dish! So really fast! Don’t worry, this dish is nearly as hard as it looks. There are three components to making the dish. Pesto, Pasta, and Chicken. The past is easy, just boil water, you don’t do much to make the chicken besides putting it in a saute pan with some garlic, and pesto you just put stuff in a food processor. Its not hard there are just a few extra steps to take before getting the finish product. It is so flavorful!! Juicy chicken, soft pasta, fresh pesto, seasoning. This is the whole package!! I love it !! When I first got the recipe it called for store bought pesto. I don’t think you should buy pesto for many reasons. Its not as fresh, it taste better if you make it yourself, its overall just more fresh! So I got my old recipe for pesto, made it and mixed it in and it taste much better!! With some fresh cheese it takes the dish out of the world! I wanted to add chicken for a protein so you wouldn’t be eating cheese and pasta with some pesto. I try to make all my dishes healthy for my family so I am not feeding them garbage. Once in a while we eat some good stuff. In fact we are having milkshake night tonight! Milkshakes and I movie, perfect!
Is it storming like crazy anywhere else! We had storms every day last week and are getting thunder and lightning everyday this week! There are flash flood warnings 24seven! I want it to be a warm sunny day but mother nature has something else in mine! My yard is a mess! All these leaves and branches fell down. I have been doing a lot of yard work but I am gonna wait till next week to do the rest. No point in doing in now if more storms are coming!
Lets do this!
- 1 pack of Spaghetti
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, cook pasta 8-10 minutes or until soft
- Put Parmesan cheese in the bowl of a food processor; process until coarsely grated, about 30 seconds. Put 6 garlic cloves into the food processor and process until the cheese and garlic are combined. Add spinach, basil, pine nuts , lemon zest, pepper, salt, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, process until the mixture comes together into a thick paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saute pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Add garlic to pan Saute chicken until no longer pink.
- Add to pasta and pesto and toss.