Happy 4th of July!! Its time to wave your flags in the air, but first eat some cake! I love making cake on 4th of July. There are so many ways to really make it represent 4th of July. My personal favorite is to add strawberries and blueberries onto a vanilla cake to make it red, white, and blue. I have made a cake that looks like a flag time and time again. Well I thought, what if I did a layered cake so you can have all the flavors in one. So I made it and brought it to a 4th of July Party I go to every year. I asked people who tried it which one they prefered, the layered or the flag cake. They liked the layered one. It still gave of the red, white, and blue but it tasted better. You get more of the flavors. You can get frosting, cake, and berries all in one!! This is one of my dad’s favorite cakes! He isn’t a big chocolate fan, he likes fruit and vanilla. This is his favorite holiday cake no joke. It don’t blame him, its not chocolate but it is AMAZING! So lets talk about what a layered cake is, or at least what this is. It is a cake, pudding, and berries. I am using pudding instead of frosting so it taste more like a truffle and has a better flavor with the berries. You do that twice then you put cool whip on top with berries. It looks and taste like the forth of July!So here is the thing, I am super busy on the 4th of July. I cook and bake every hour for this party my neighbors hold. I don’t have time to make the cream filling and the pound cake and all that stuff. So I bought mix and pre made pound cake. You can make all this stuff if you want, I am just busy. I always put orange zest into my homemade pound cakes. I didn’t want to put orange zest on top of the already made cake so I rubbed it with orange juice. It actually gave it a fresh yummy flavor.
Say, anybody gonna see fireworks? This Saturday I am going to maple lawn, a mini shopping center near my home to see these huge beautiful fireworks. I love seeing them! I would love to go down to D.C but not this year, maybe next year! Well, lets do it!
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 pkg. JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filliing
- 1 1/2 cup thawed cool whip
- 1 pkg frozen pound cake
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups mixed blueberries and strawberries\
- Add milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of the cool whip
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers, brush with the orange juice. Place the bottom layer on serving plate, top with 3/4 cup of the berries, half of the pudding mixture and middle cake layer. Repeat layers cover with top cake layer. Top with 1/2 cup cool whip and the remaining berries, cover with foil.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Store leftovers in refrigerator.