Picture adapted from Google Pages- Flag Cake
What better for 4th of July then a flag cake?! I used to make these every year with my family and they are some of my favorite memories from my childhood! I have a bunch of videos and pictures of us when we did it. It was a lot of fun and now, I’m giving you the joy! I prefer to make the red stripes with raspberries, but sliced strawberries are good to. They both taste great but the raspberries look better to me since they are smaller. Now the top corner, I put blueberries in a 3×5 square. I like to use a small star tip and pipe a star in between each blueberry. Just fill a plastic bag and cut a whole about the size of the rim of the piping tip, put it on and squeeze. After the star is formed let go of the bag, then take away from the cake. It will form perfect little stars. If you do not have a star tip, you can get white fondant and cut tiny stars with a cookie or fondant cutter. You can also just pipe small dots. Whatever is easier for you.I like piping the stars but I just love piping! I love this cake!! Its fun to make and eat, What can be better? Its so cute! Its the hit at the 4th of July Party! I have seen many people make these cakes. Out of all the ones you could possibly try, this is the best. This is the recipe I used growing up. The best most moist cake I have ever had! An amazing frosting that is not over ally sweet. Here is a trick to make sure the cake is really good, make sure the fruit is ripe!! If you have mushy fruit, it takes some taste away, if you have fresh, ripe fruit from a local store or farm, it is so much better! You make some amazing cake and frosting then ruin it was mushy berries, you want the flavor to be bold and scream in your mouth. Like fireworks!!!! I love fireworks!! They are so pretty! I love the ones in Disney World that are shaped like Mickey Mouse! Those are awesome! Anyway, I like making desserts for parties on 4th of July. I love BBQ aand picnics on 4th of July but Desserts, I can be creative. Its easier to say 4th of July in a cake then in a burger, so I rather make desserts. I love this dessert! I have made red, white, and blue cupcakes before. The only problem with that is, the color doesn’t always turn out right. This is super easy, just put strawberries or raspberries down in stripe, blueberries in a square and some stars! Easy, fun, cute, and delicious!!! Everybody likes this!! I don’t know why is gods name you wouldn’t, its absolutly delicious!!!
I’m kinda behind on post. I just went threw some family issues with my step- great grandmother and I have been doing everything but blogging. When ever I start a post, I have something else to do. If you have a recipe that is worthy enough for me to post, contact me or wright a comment and I might post in your name. I promise I will say it was your recipe not mine so please include your name and any other information you want people to know, like a buisness or email. Thanks! Now that that is clear, lets do this!
Ingredients-2 1/4 sticks butter
For the Cake-
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
For the frosting-
- 4 sticks
1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
1 pound confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 half-pints of blueberries
- 3 half-pints raspberries
- Heat the oven to 350
- Spray cooking spray on a 18 by 13 by 1 1/2-inch sheet pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a electric mixer on high speed, until light On medium speed, add the eggs, 2 at a time, then add the sour cream and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Sift together the flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. With mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined. Pour into the pan. Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool t
- For the icing, combine the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth
- Spread three-fourths of the icing on the top of the cake. Fill the upper left corner with the blueberries. Place 2 rows of raspberries across the top of the cake like a red stripe. Put the remaining icing in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip and pipe two rows of white stripes below the raspberries. Alternate rows of raspberries and icing until the flag is done Pipe stars on top of the blueberries.