This is the best of the best!!! It has this ultimate melt in your mouth flavor! celery, hard boiled eggs, bacon bits, potatoes, etc. They go great together! I was watching a show on extrodinary flavors and they were putting things like caramel and bacon, mango and hot sauce, all these things that you think wouldn’t be good together but they went together really well. They balenced sweet, spicy, and salty. Everything in this recipe has a . Each ingredient gives a great texture and flavor and when it all comes together as one, it really is delicious! This is a nice easy dish that will be perfect for a picnic or party!! Its a very easy fan favorite!! I love it! I prefer to use red skin potatoes over regular because they have a better chance of staying in shape. White potatoes are better for mashed potatoes because once boiled, they fall apart rather then red potatoes that hold their shape. I don’t want mashed potato potato salad. For more information on potatoes look up your question on google and you will get an answer. I look up everything on google. Thank god for google. So, fun story I was walking in the park the other day and I came across this man selling snow-cones. I wasn’t gonna buy one but he kept screaming “Come back and get a snow cone. So I bought one. It was sour apple flavor. It was delicious. It was on 4th of July so a lot of little set ups like that were around, I guess you can make good money when everybody goes to the park for a picnic. But it was a delicious snow cone. I know it is a completly random topic but it was good and I’m eating a sour green apple and it taste great!! I’m really random, I won most random in 8th grade. Anyway, back to potatoes I love them! When I was younger, everyday I would ask my mom to make potatoes. I was and still am a extreme potato fan. Boiled, mashed, roasted, grilled, creamed, but once in a while its nice to have a potato salad. I only like ceaser salad. I don’t like garden or anything with a ton of veggies. I like fruit salad, but potato salad is so different then anything else. Like name a salad that is just like potato salad. Right? Nothing it is delicious!!
Are y’all bored?. This post took me like 3 days!! I m just so tired an lazy I don’t feel like doing anything but eat and sleep. Its just how I want to spend my life that is how I will spend my life! So, lets just get started on this thing so I can get back to sleep!
- 2 pounds cleaned and scrubbed red potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender about 15 minutes. Drain and put in the refrigerator to cool.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving the skin on. Add to a large bowl, along with the eggs, bacon, onion and celery. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Chill for an hour.