So let me tell you about the layers because the title can be confusing. So there is one layer of brownie,chocolate pudding, whipped cream,Then Reese’s peanut butter cups!!This screams my BFF Malina!!!! So she loves chocolate trifles, then she loves chocolate pudding, cool whip everybody loves, and we both share a passion for Reese’s peanut butter cups!!!!!!! When I texted her to ask her what her favorite dessert is. She said Chocolate trifle and Reese’s peanut butter cups. So I decided to add them. My original plan was to do a chocolate cake instead of a brownie. But then I decided to do a brownie. I think that this would be better with a brownie. The brownie goes better with the pudding then cake would. Cake is very light and fluffy and udding is kinda dence. Brownies aren’t as light so that is one of the main reason I added it in. I love trifles. Litterally of flavor.You get one spoonful with one taste and you want to scream. The texture rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have the crunch of the Reese’s and creamy part with the pudding and cool whip then the brownie. I am probably boarding you right now! So I will tell you something interesting.
When I was 9 I made a chocolate chocolate birthday cake. After the cake was done baking I flipped the cake out of the pan. It went bad! It crumbled completly. So using my smart brain I decided to make a trifle. I just put cake,icing,cake,icing,cake, icing! It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It taste just like the cake, since it was, it was just crumbled.My sisters good friend was with us and she liked it to. So that was my birthday cake. For your birthday this should be your birthday cake!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can change the candy. Say you want mint, do peppermint paddies, for color,m&ms, for cookies do a cookies&cream bar!! You can make this your own. My favorite beyond favorite candy is Reese’s peanut butter cups! I will never stop loving them! I treat them like my kids! I know the peanut butter is all sugar but its still good!! But add whatever you want, you could even add more then one candy if you want!
Cook- 25 minutes
Ready in 8 hours 55 minutes
- 1 package brownie mix
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 container frozen whipped topping, thawed ( one 8 one 12 oz)
- 6 reese’s peanut butter cups
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain. Crumble the Rees’e to desiered size
- In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture ,half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping,put Reese’s on top Repeat layers.Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.Serve and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!