I have never been the biggest fan of nuts. I never put nuts in my chocolate chip cookies or banana bread. Put the cookie is floury and the nuts give a great texture!!!!!!! I started adding more nuts into all my dishes and that is some of my inspiration. Nuts can be used for flavor and texture, chocolate and almonds, apples and walnuts, popcorn and cashoes, etc. I will say, these aren’t my favorite cookies, y’all know my I am chocolate all the way. But these are soft and simple!!!! It rocks the house!!! These cookies actually came from England I’m pretty sure and they were eaten with honey and mint tea! So I don,t drink tea but these are great with hot chocolate!!!!!!! But its warm now so just eat them and you will be happy!!!!!!!!!! My dad bought this HUGE bag of pecans for me so I have been making a lot of things with pecans. I made bark, brittle, crumble, toppings, I even made a maple, bacon, and pecan frosting for my maple cupcakes. I know!! Interesting cupcake! But all the flavors go great together! I wanted to make a bacon cupcake when I went to my favorite local cupcake place and got a bacon cupcake and a maple cupcake. I just thought of that together with pecans and made the weirdest, coolest cupcake ever. Enough on the cupcakes, these cookies rock!. Unlike chocolate chip cookies you want to be doughy and chewy, these have a texture that is like a sand grain. They grumble when you put pressure on them and are like grains. It has the flour type taste as shortbread. This cookie is unlike anything else! You can make 100 different chocolate chip cookies, they will all kinda be the same. But nothiing is like this. Not in texture or flavor.
If you like to eat raw cookie dough, then you are in luck! This is some good cookie dough! It has a sweet and flour texture and its not sticky!! You don’t need to worry about it sticking to your hands or any of that junk!! Its pretty awesome!! This is a family favorite and I am not just saying that!! My dad loves it since its not rich, my mom cause she loves pecans! I do love pecans, they are my favorite nuts! They give off this awesome flavor that I just can’t get any where else! I am starting to get hungry so lets get started!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- grease 2 baking sheets. In the bowl of a mixer, combine the butter and vanilla. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar, then slowly add the flour and pecans and mix just until combined. Use your hands to roll the dough into balls about r, and arrange them on the baking sheets. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. While cookies are baking , spread the remaining confectioners’ sugar out on a plate. When the cookies are done, remove from the oven, let cool 3 to 5 minutes, and then roll each cookie in the sugar until coated, letting each rest in the sugar for a minute to absorb it