This is like and All star healthy dish! Fresh dough that is grilled, fresh sauce made of fresh ingredients not an overload of cheese and veggies as toppings!The best part is, Kids eat it!!! You know when kids like don’t eat there veggies? Come on, even I did that was I was younger! Well they eat this in seconds!!!! When I make this for dinner I make extra!! When I was younger I never ate any pizza besides cheese. I ate extra cheese pizza but that is the only special thing. My family though loves pizza and I was getting a little bored of just plane cheese. I decided to make pizza. I have made lots of different pizzas but this is my favorite. I have always loved sauteed onions, they are juicy and give wild flavor. That and the spinach combind make a great dish. Whenever I make a dish I make sure each component has a reason. I would never pear chocolate and steak because the chocolate doesn’t do anything for the steak. For me, there is no point in adding something that doesn’t give an additional flavor or texture.
I will be the first to admit I am not the most creative person. But for some reason I got the idea of grilled pizza. I love grilled flat bread, maybe that was it. But the grill flavor with the melted cheese and fresh spinach and onions, its awesome!! Its a nice new spin on pizza. Since this has the spinach and onions so I highly suggest Mozzarella cheese. I goes the best with the bizza and when its melyed from the smoke of the grill, best part of the pizza!
**Footnotes from the Chef-
If you don’t have a thermometer, water should feel very warm when you touch it
**To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hand to keep the dough from sticking. To knead push the dough away fold it and turn. Keep repeating that motion, add more flour if it becomes to sticky
Make Ahead: Dough may be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Punch down and roll out just before grilling.
Make sure to follow those!!! I wrote them for a reasoning they are super important!!!! Well, BYE!!!!!!
Cook- 8 minutes
Ready in- 28 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups very warm water (120 degrees to 130 degrees F)
- Additional flour for rolling
- Additional oil for grilling
- Pizza sauce
- Fresh spinach,blanched
- 1 cup chopped onions, sauted and seasoned
Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Add enough flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead(see footnotes)on a floured surface, until smooth but not sticky, about 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 parts. Roll dough on a well-floured counter to about 8-inch circles
- Brush both sides of crust with additional oil.
- Place dough on grill
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until bottom is lightly browned and top looks set. Using long handled tongs, remove crust from the grill
- Add sauce and top the grilled side of each pizza crust. Repeat with remaining pizzas.
- Carefully slide each pizza onto the grill. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until bottom of crust is browned and cheese is melted. Remove from grill and put spinach and onions on top.
- Serve Immediatly