Picture Adapted from Allrecipes “Bizziemomas”
OMG!!! Pasta with creamy sauce with juicy shrimp!! What can be better? Some people don’t care what pasta they use, they think they all taste the same. Well they don’t. They have different texture. For example, pastas like fettucine are thick, angel hair is really thin.
Since we have the creamy sauce that is milk and cheese, I decided to add garlic shrimp. Shrimp give it a meat poultry flavor and the garlic was just needed. You know when you eat something good and all the components go good together but it is missing something. That is what I felt the first time I made this that is what happened. I just sautéed thee shrimp with salt and pepper. It needed another flavor to balance of the sauce. The thin pasta is good with this dish because it is not to over whelming in flavor. It coats well with the sauce. Ah, the sauce, creamy, flavorful, delicious!! You could use this sauce on any pasta dish. Chicken fettucine, fettucine alfredo, etc.
Lets talk sides. I love to pair this dish with garlic bread. Slice french bread, but olive oil, minced garlic, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and a little butter and you will have the best garlic bread for the best dish!! Well, would you look at that! Two recipes in one post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Impressive! Well I don’t feel like typing anymore so lets close it up!
Prep- 30 minutes
Ready in-1 hour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Fresh Basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes and drain
- Melt 1.5 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and cream;,simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in pesto, parsley, garlic, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Saute shrimp, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt for 5 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta, shrimp pour sauce over, garnish with Basil and Parmesan cheese