Over the winter break I went to Charelston for two days. You go to Charleston to eat and that is honest.We took tours, saw landmarks, horse and bugge,and we ate. We went to this breakfast place called Virginias.It opened at 10:00am and we got there at like 9:55.So we got in and we looked behind us and there was a line outside the door! This place was packed!!!!! But anyway I ordered french toast. You were allowed to pick anything to put on it like strawberries,blueberries,powdered sugar,pecan syrup,or peaches. I really don’t know why I picked peaches not strawberries but I did. I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was amazing.They gave me 8 pieces of the french toast and I ate it in like 3 minutes.This was good stuff.I just loved it!!! I couldn’t believe it! So I kept thinking about my blog and how people would love it. There is one part I added though. The whipped cream. You could make it but it can take a long time which brings me too another story. When I was in sixth grade one day I came home and my sister Rebecca who went too the same school walked in the door and was like I want whipped cream. Really she did and I was like “okay random, but lets do it”. We could find the applience you hook into the mixer to make whip cream so we did it by hand. That took a while!!!! We made like 2 tablespoons of whipped cream so wasn’t all that worth it. But we added sugar to make it sweet. So after that not the most excited person making whip cream so I bought it. But you want to make it go ahead.
The french bread is one of my favorite types of bread so I love French toast. With the little brown sugar and cinnamon it has a sweet flavor and OMG I’m like drooling right now. But the star of this is the peaches.AH The peaches they are ripe and juicy and add great flavor. When you bight into this and you get the french toast, whip cream, and the sweet spices, plus the toast you will eat that whole thing in less the 3 minutes. I know it sounds like a lot when you see how much prep time there is but its overnight so don’t worry.
- Prep time- 9 hours
- Cook time-10 minutes
- Total time- 9 hours 10 minutes
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can sliced peaches, drained
- 12 slices French bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 can whipped cream ( pick your favorite brand)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Pour the brown sugar mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish, and tilt the dish to cover the entire bottom. Place peaches in a layer over the sugar coating,then a layer of blueberries, then top with slices of French bread. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Slowly pour over the bread slices to coat evenly. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking . Preheat the oven to 350.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bread is golden brown. Put a scoop of whipped cream on top of each slice(or as much as you want)