OMG!!! This is better then any store bought coffee cake you will ever try!!!! Its moist and has the best topping!! This is no ordinary coffee cake. This has layers of goodness. I wanted to make sure the flavors of the cake with the topping is balenced. So I put half the cinnamon, sugar mixture on top and half in the middle of the cake. This way, in every bite you will have more then a little of the cinnamon mixture.
Really fast look at the ingredient list. You see all the pudding mixes. That goes in the cake. Imagine how moist that cake will be when all that pudding soaks into it. You would have to leave it in the oven for a whole extra day to make this cake be dry!!
Its simple and easy!! I just woke up. I’m tired and lazy, I don’t want to make a whole cake and topping. So I used a box mix but by adding other flavors, It is moist and flavorful. For a while my family made another coffee cake recipe. When we first tried this one it was like heaven jut fell on earth. It was beyond delicious. It is packed with flavors. No, I’m dead serious you literally pack it with flavors cause you layer it. LOL!
I love making this when I have people sleeping over. It is an easy effort but it is a nice little treat. Plus it makes me look good when I make a hot and fresh breakfast. But mostly cause its a delicious treat!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a pan, or a 10 inch Bundt cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, and butterscotch pudding mix. Add the eggs, oil and water, mix until well blended.
- In another bowl, stir together the brown sugar, and cinnamon .
- Pour half of the batter into the pan, spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mixture.
- Cover with the rest of the batter, and sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn the oven down to 325 degrees Bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes.