Happy Birthday!! I love birthdays!! Its is my favorite holiday besides easter!! I love my cake and all but to be honest, I like giant cookies more. My dad was never a big cake fan. He doesn’t like frosting. He finds cake to sweet. So we used to make buy him cookie cakes from great american cookie. My birthday is in september and his is in August so it was close. One year, I decided I wanted a cookie cake. But not just any, I wanted to make one. So I made my favorite cookie recipe just made one pig one, and made a homemade frosting. I love making vanilla frosting and putting food coloring in it to make it more of the person’s taste. I did hot pink for my sister, Baby blue for my nephew, and dark green for my dad. Its yummy and cute. You can put M&Ms and sprinkles on it to if you want. Your birthday your pick.
I honestly don’t know how to describe how good a cookie is. Everybody who reads my blog I’m assuming has had a chocolate chip cookie. Rich, soft, and delicious, best classic dessert! Its great! For my birthday, I still make this!! I have gotten in to these more then the traditional birthday cake. I rather eat it.
I’m at a lost for words, I was watching the little couple. I have never watched it before but there was nothing on and to be honest, I liked it. It is so sweet!! They adopted a little boy from China. Its so cute!!! You know what I should do, I should make chocolate cookies and make it one big cookie. Think I should?? I’m bored!!! I just had dinner, chicken pot pie. Now everything is cleaned up and I’m just sitting on the couch bloging
So if you are reading this, and it is your birthday. I would like to say happy birthday!! My birthday is september 12. But enough about my birthday, its yours!! You are in to a big birthday treat!! A soft chocolaty warm giant cookie! What can be better!
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup butter, sofened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
For the frosting-
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Food coloring(optional, if you want to make the cookie more personal)
- In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well.
- Slowley add flour, salt, and baking soda, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips
- Spread in greased 14 inch round pizza pan. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile,Mix powdered sugar and butter in electric mixer on low speed. Stir in vanilla and enough of the milk until smooth, add in food coloring(optional)
- Take out cookie, let cool on rack
- Spread on frosting across cookie evenly, slice