Photo Credit- Ruth
Happy Birthday! I first made these fora girl who was turning 12. She has a late August birthday so she had to go back to school a few days later. When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she asked for makeup and clothes. Talk about puberty!! She was so concerned on looking perfect at school and being all popular. She never card until then and I was like, what just happened to you??!!!! That is when I decided to make pretty pancakes!! If people want to look good, why can’t pancakes? I just made my normal favorite pancake mix then added sprinkles. I was nervous cause it was her birthday and if I messed this up it would be a waste of food and money. I like my pancakes fat, thick, and fluffy. That is just what these were!! They were amazing! Thick light and fluffy!!! It looked as good as it taste!! Oh and tip, when I say sprinkles, I mean sprinkles not sugar crystals.
She had no idea I was making these, I didn’t even until I saw her oufit that day. But it is the best surprise!! Any surprise on your birthday is good but breakfast starts your day great. Everything is better with sprinkles! confetti screams birthday to me. That is why confetti cupcakes are called birthday cake flavored cupcakes, not confetti
Now that school is coming closer, it is way harder to make breakfast for my family. My family eats cereal every morning. But people like me, with weekday birthdays every year, its gets annoying having cereal everyday. These are quick and easy and they are a life saver! They taste good, then they look birthday spirited. As much as I love my family, I also love my sleep and I don’t want to be waking up at 3am making pancakes. These take less then 5 minutes to prep and no more then 10 minutes to cook and cool all them! So ba-bam perfect birthday breakfast!!
Pancakes with sprinkles, presents, birthday cake, and balloons!! What ca be better?
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup Rainbow sprinkles
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder,and salt in a bowl. Whisk in the milk, egg, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, and vanilla extract . Let the batter stand for 5 full minutes for extra fluffiness.
- Add in sprinkles
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat, and brush with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil. When the oil shimmers, slowly pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the hot pan. Cook until bottom is browned, about 2 minutes, then flip over and cook until the center of the pancake is set and the other side is browned, about 2-3 more minutes.