Who doesn’t love some good old buttermilk pancakes?? These are no ordinary buttermilk pancakes, they are extra fluffy and taste way better than any other buttermilk pancakes. And I am not just saying that cause I made them. But no joke, these things are so good, not as good as chocolate chip pancakes, but chocolate chip has chocolate in the, it’s really no comparison. But with that said, these are still amazing!!!
So you know in the winter if it snows a lot you get a delay? Well I hate those. They completely mess up my schedule, and whats the point of having like 30 minute classes and lunch as soon as you get to school. I go to wake up at 6:30am on a daily basis to go to work, then I leave. But with these delays, my family have to go to work if they can’t get off, me I can just reschedule my day. I don’t like to but you do what you gotta do. But there is one good thing about these delays, I have to stay home for an extra like 2 hours. That is a perfect amount of time for making some fresh and fluffy buttermilk pancakes! I bake a lot so I have buttermilk just in my house, if it’s snowing and you don’t have buttermilk and can’t get to a store, just put in regular milk. They will not be buttermilk pancakes, they will be plain. But they will still be extra fluffy and taste really good!!!
I like my pancakes (and waffles) really fluffy. So I put in extra baking powder and adjusted the other ingredients and came up with a really fluffy pancake!
This batter makes 10 servings of pancakes. If you can’t tell, that is a lot of pancakes!! You can freeze the batter and make it at a later date, or you can make all the pancakes and freeze the pancakes. Or you can keep it in the fridge for a few days. If you want to make the rest of the pancakes in the next 3 days, put the batter in the fridge. If you want to make it later, put it in the freezer. If you look down at the ingredients, everything has like a cup and a tablespoon, sorry about that, its what you gotta do to make them taste good!
I make a big breakfast once in a while, and I admit, I go all out. I serve this with scrambled eggs, fruit, bacon, ham, sausage, and muffins. Any of those will be good with it. I don’t do this but my grandpa used to, I would make sweet sausage, like marinate it in maple syrup and cook it. And he would put it in the middle of his pancake and eat it like a omlet. Actually,m it taste really good with a buttermilk pancake.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup and one tablespoon of butter
- 4 cups and 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 4 cups and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon and 1 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon and 1 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter and buttermilk.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar, stir into the wet ingredients until blended.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the top. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side. Do the same with remaining batter.