Photo Credit- Ruth
Happy Birthday! I first made these fora girl who was turning 12. She has a late August birthday so she had to go back to school a few days later. When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she asked for makeup and clothes. Talk about puberty!! She was so concerned on looking perfect at school and being all popular. She never card until then and I was like, what just happened to you??!!!! That is when I decided to make pretty pancakes!! If people want to look good, why can’t pancakes? I just made my normal favorite pancake mix then added sprinkles. I was nervous cause it was her birthday and if I messed this up it would be a waste of food and money. I like my pancakes fat, thick, and fluffy. That is just what these were!! They were amazing! Thick light and fluffy!!! It looked as good as it taste!! Oh and tip, when I say sprinkles, I mean sprinkles not sugar crystals.
She had no idea I was making these, I didn’t even until I saw her oufit that day. But it is the best surprise!! Any surprise on your birthday is good but breakfast starts your day great. Everything is better with sprinkles! confetti screams birthday to me. That is why confetti cupcakes are called birthday cake flavored cupcakes, not confetti
Now that school is coming closer, it is way harder to make breakfast for my family. My family eats cereal every morning. But people like me, with weekday birthdays every year, its gets annoying having cereal everyday. These are quick and easy and they are a life saver! They taste good, then they look birthday spirited. As much as I love my family, I also love my sleep and I don’t want to be waking up at 3am making pancakes. These take less then 5 minutes to prep and no more then 10 minutes to cook and cool all them! So ba-bam perfect birthday breakfast!!
Pancakes with sprinkles, presents, birthday cake, and balloons!! What ca be better?
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup Rainbow sprinkles
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder,and salt in a bowl. Whisk in the milk, egg, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, and vanilla extract . Let the batter stand for 5 full minutes for extra fluffiness.
- Add in sprinkles
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat, and brush with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil. When the oil shimmers, slowly pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the hot pan. Cook until bottom is browned, about 2 minutes, then flip over and cook until the center of the pancake is set and the other side is browned, about 2-3 more minutes.
Happy Birthday!! I love birthdays!! Its is my favorite holiday besides easter!! I love my cake and all but to be honest, I like giant cookies more. My dad was never a big cake fan. He doesn’t like frosting. He finds cake to sweet. So we used to make buy him cookie cakes from great american cookie. My birthday is in september and his is in August so it was close. One year, I decided I wanted a cookie cake. But not just any, I wanted to make one. So I made my favorite cookie recipe just made one pig one, and made a homemade frosting. I love making vanilla frosting and putting food coloring in it to make it more of the person’s taste. I did hot pink for my sister, Baby blue for my nephew, and dark green for my dad. Its yummy and cute. You can put M&Ms and sprinkles on it to if you want. Your birthday your pick.
I honestly don’t know how to describe how good a cookie is. Everybody who reads my blog I’m assuming has had a chocolate chip cookie. Rich, soft, and delicious, best classic dessert! Its great! For my birthday, I still make this!! I have gotten in to these more then the traditional birthday cake. I rather eat it.
I’m at a lost for words, I was watching the little couple. I have never watched it before but there was nothing on and to be honest, I liked it. It is so sweet!! They adopted a little boy from China. Its so cute!!! You know what I should do, I should make chocolate cookies and make it one big cookie. Think I should?? I’m bored!!! I just had dinner, chicken pot pie. Now everything is cleaned up and I’m just sitting on the couch bloging
So if you are reading this, and it is your birthday. I would like to say happy birthday!! My birthday is september 12. But enough about my birthday, its yours!! You are in to a big birthday treat!! A soft chocolaty warm giant cookie! What can be better!
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup butter, sofened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
For the frosting-
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Food coloring(optional, if you want to make the cookie more personal)
- In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well.
- Slowley add flour, salt, and baking soda, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips
- Spread in greased 14 inch round pizza pan. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile,Mix powdered sugar and butter in electric mixer on low speed. Stir in vanilla and enough of the milk until smooth, add in food coloring(optional)
- Take out cookie, let cool on rack
- Spread on frosting across cookie evenly, slice