. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Uh Hello?? Do y’all not realize what is happening on this earth right now? We are making lemon bars!! Lemon bars have been one of my favorite desserts since I was 9!! Its so fresh tasting! There is that fresh, sour curd and that shortbread crust!! I have never like shortbread. Its honest. I think they are dry and just taste like flour. But it gives a great texture and flavor to these. It takes away some of the sourness!! Like I have said time and time before, my dad was never a big chocolate fan. But I loved making these!! With a little powdered sugar on top!
You know when you bite into something and it just taste fake and processed.? I hate that, well this is the exact opposite. You bight into it and its just so fresh and delicious!! Well, you all now how a lemon bar taste!!! yummy!!
This is the perfect thing when your sad!! Its easy and doesn’t take a while so you can just be in a horible mood and make it when ever you want. Its awesome!! I have been getting no sleep lately!! Seriously I don’t sleep at night! So I have been waking up in a bad grumpy mood. I always have lemons in my house so I just make these and put my self in a good mood. I try to save some for my family but it never works! I eat them, and just go back to bed. Its nice, I love eating and doing nothing else but sleeping and relaxing the whole day. I’m doing a ton of that now trying to relax before school starts up again. In Howard county, it starts Auguest 26.
I have always like lemon, its so sour and fresh. Lemon cake,cookies,cupcakes, frosting, sour candy, but nothing is more classic then a lemon bar. Except Maybe Lemonade. But you get the point!
I can’t make a diagram but it goes shortbread, lemon, powdered sugar. What can be better??? Lie I can;t think of it, do you know? I was gonna post these a while ago but I forgot to get pictures. So I waited till next time to take the pictures, I made them and when I went upstairs to get my camera, my family went alien lie and they were gone when I cam back. I forgot about them after that till now. So there is my life!
For the Crust-
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter, at room tempuature
- 1/3 cup confections sugar
For the Lemon Custard-
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup and 1 tsp of squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tablespoon lemon zest
- Put an oven rack into middle
position in oven and preheat oven to 350
- Put 1 cup
flour and butter in a mixing bowl and mash with the back of a spatula or
wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. Mix in 1/4 cup confectioners’
sugar, vanilla extract, and salt; mash mixture together until mixture
looks like a slightly crumbly cookie dough.
- Wet your
fingers with a little water and press dough into bottom of prepared
- Bake crust on center rack in the preheated oven until crust edges are barely golden brown, about 20-22 minutes.
- Beat eggs and
egg yolks together in a bowl, whisk in the white sugar and 2 tablespoons
flour until smooth. Add lemon juice and the lemon zest,whisk for 2 minutes.
Pour lemon custard over crust.
- Bake on
center rack until custard is set,
25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Sprinkle on Powdered sugar
vanilla ice cream (Photo credit: Akane86)
There is one thing that is impossible to hate, ice cream. I have had
every Ice cream brand in my store. Nothing is as good as homemade ice
cream. Its so creamy and you know what is going into your ice cream. I
will just be eating chocolate ice cream and its like 470 calories per
1/3 cup and It makes no sense to me. I just don’t get it, I doubt there
is even chocolate in that ice cream.
So, you guys no how I am a
chocolate freak. Well, I wanted some creamy vanilla!!!!! This is beyond creamy!! Serve with some fresh fruit for a nice juicy flavor!!!!!!!!! Icing on the Cake!!!Delicious! This is great for ice cream sundaes!! Most people 3/4 people like vanilla ice cream for their sundaes. I prefer chocolate but I see where they are coming from. Its not as rich and goes with anything. Fruit, candy, cookies, fudge, caramel. You can have the best ice cream sundae of your life with this very recipe.
I love ice cream!!! The best time to have ice cream is a hot summer day and summer
is coming to an end so hurry it up!! Trust me, you won’t be sorry. This
make 1 gallon of ice cream. You can double this recipe. Obvilously, its
freezer safe cause its ice cream. You can go to the freezer section in
your grocery store and by cake or waffle cones, some hot fudge and
toppings, make some delicious ice cream sundaes. It is so good!! Kids
love this!! I make it for my family all the time!! They all love it.
It’s rich and creamy, whats not too love??
When I eat this, I am like a kid in the candy store. My family loves ice cream!! I like to
double this so we have enough for at least 2 weeks!! Thats a lot of ice cream!!. Oh!!!!!!!!!! I have
an idea!! You should buy waffle bowls and put scoops of ice cream in
that!! YUM!!! Anyway, back to topic, this makes 4 cups but I could eat 4
cups of this by myself in less then 2 hours!! Its that good!! You will
make this once and never buy ice cream again!! I’m not kidding!! I
haven’t bought ice cream in a while!!
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Beat eggs until foamy. Whisk in sugar until thick. Gradually, heavy cream, milk, evaporated milk, vanilla and water. Pour into freezer canister of ice cream maker. Freeze
Peanut butter cup pie (Photo credit: jumbledpile)
(Photo credit: Blue Yonde
OMG!! Do you guys understand what is happening? We are making a no bake peanut butter pie!! This is amazing!! I have always loved peanut butter pie. It is my favorite no bake pie. It taste like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, its creamy and it melts in your mouth!!
Some people make their peanut butter pie in the oven. That is good but by putting it in the freezer, when you put it ion your mouth it melts and taste so good. So what I did, I added a few extra ingredients to make it look pretty and taste great. A great combination is chocolate and peanut butter, so first I spread on some whip cream, then drizzled on chocolate sauce and topped with chopped peanut butter cups. But there are a few ways to do it. You can skip the whip cream and spread chocolate sauce across the whole thing. The chocolate acts like glue so if you chop up some peanut butter cups and put them on top. Or you can chop up a ton and cover the whole top with peanut putter cups. Or you can pipe whip cream around the pie as a border, fill it with chocolate sauce and put chopped peanut butter cups on top. Or you can do nothing at all and leave it the way it is! Every way is delicious! You can even put peanuts on top!! I have tries all ways so my pictures, some have peanuts some have whipped cream and chocolate sauce but no Reese’s.
Now, crust. Crust can make or break a pie. My favorite crust to have with a peanut butter pie is oreo. The oreo gives a great flavor with the peanut butter. Sometimes, gram cracker and give off a cinnamon flavor which is disgusting with a peanut butter pie. Oreo pie has some sweetness but it doesn’t over power the pie. When you get a bite of everything together, it is delicious!! If you rather use a original pie crust go ahead but trust me it taste better with a oreo. OH, Wait a minute. This recipe makes two 9 inch pies. You can buy one oreo and one original pie crust and see which one you like better! Perfect idea! I’M a genius! When I was younger we would have taste test of everything. This past 4th of July we had a taste test of whip cream.
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confection’s sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package frozen whipped topping
- 2 9 inch oreo crust
- 1 can whip cream
- 1 bottle chocolate sauce
- 8 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- Beat together cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar. Mix in peanut butter and milk. Beat until smooth. Mix in whipped topping.
- Spoon into two 9 inch oreo crust, cover, and freeze until firm.
- Top with Whipped cream, drizzle with chocolate sauce and chopped Reese’s
(Photo credit: jazzijava)
(Photo credit: jazzijava)
When I was younger, my mom made this fabulous coconut cake. It was moist, the frosting was creamy, the coconut was sweet. Nothing, could top it!! It really was something!!! I don’t even like coconut! Well, I never did but lately I have liked all the coconut foods I have been eating. So I don’t know if I like coconut. But anyway, This cake is amazing, the cake is light and fluffy. My favorite frosting(besides chocolate) cream cheese, goes amazing with the coconut cake! Just saying, it actually is coconut cake with coconut in it. Not just a vanilla cake with coconut on top. It is actually a coconut cake. The balance of sweetness is perfect. The cake isn’t very sweet just a little from he shredded coconut. The frosting is cream cheese so it is sweet but not as sweet as vanilla (if it is too sweet for you, add almond extract) the real sweetness comes from the coconut on the outside. It is delicious!!
So, I don’t have videos or anything. But I wanted to give of a few tips on decorating. So,
- Spread the icing with a metal spreader
- To Make smoother, spread up and down after coating whole cake
- Frosting is like glue, take a handful of coconut and press lightly on cake, Coat the whole thing in coconut
Those were just a few tips. Make sure the entire cake is covered in coconut. Not just the top. You want a bite of the sweet coconut in every slice!!
My Aunt Loved this cake. She lived in California but when ever she came down, we would make this cake. Every Time. We would always have left overs and we would eat it for breakfast the next say. I will tell you, it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good cold!!! The frosting is cold, the coconut gets another texture and the cake is chilled!! Delicious!!!
- 3 sticks of butter, room temperature,
- 2 cups of sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
For the frosting-
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 sticks of butter
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 6 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Grease a pan
- In a electric mixer cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes, until light yellow and fluffy.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, scraping down the bowl once during mixing. Add the vanilla and almond extracts and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients and the milk to the batter in 3 parts, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in the 4 ounces of coconut with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter evenly into the 2 pans and smooth the top with a spatula . Bake in the oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until the tops are browned and a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a baking rack for 30 minutes, then turn the cakes out onto a baking rack to finish cooling.
- For the frosting, in a electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and almond extract on low speed. Add the confectioners’ sugar and mix until smooth
- To assemble the cake, place one layer on a plate, top side down, and spread with the frosting.
- Place the second layer on top, top side up, and frost the top and sides.
- Put coconut all over the cake
Adapted from- Food Network, Ina Garden
Photo Credit-Sherri O
OMG!!!!!!!!!! Help me! I don’t think I have ever told you this but I have a LOVE for cream puffs. I love cream puffs!OMG,OMG I feel the tears!I want to try because I love them so much. A lot of people, when they bake they make brownies,cake,cupcake,cookies. A lot of people never do pastries like cream puffs,eclairs, dough cups and filling. I will be honest, Same with me. When I have sweet Saturdays I usually make cake and cookies and brownies, stuff like that. What is so special if I make it like every Saturday anyway? Nothing right’. So these are extra special!! I’m loving it. If you watch food network and cooking channel and all the baking shows, they make these things look extremely hard. To make a cream puff is simple. Like a cake, they make it and they pipe it and use fondant and me, well, I just spread it and put sprinkles on. Well, sometimes a pipe because I love decorating cake.Anyway,the presentation just looks so unique and difficult when it is really not. Like for the chocolate sauce, I just drizzled it on. A lot of people here the word pastry and get all freaked out. Well don’t be for this. A 5 year old could make this.So a lot of you might ask, “what kind of filling”. I know pretty much all cream puffs have the same filling but people do ask this. It is a whipped cream filling. Which goes amazing with the chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m loving it!
The dough sandwich outside part taste amazing. It isn’t sweet but more
floury. But it is NOT dry. The filling gives it that dessert sweet
flavor.Then the chocolate gives it a chocolate rich dessert flavor. As a
garnish I finished it off with powdered sugar!These words are like on
the type of my tongue.You can’t describe these, you have to make them to
believe how good they are!!
I Love to eat pastries. I love canollis, cream puffs, eclairs, lobster tails, all that stuff. I love to make desserts but when it comes to pastries, not my hot shot. I can make them but only by recipes. So I am sighting my sources and saying this is not my recipe. But it is delicious!!
Lets get this thing started!!
- Prep- 15 minutes
- Cook- 1 hour
- Ready in 1 hour 15 minutes
- Makes 12 medium cream puffs
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 450
- In medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add butter and stir as it melts, then
return it to a boil. Add flour and salt,stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each until smooth.Put on a cookie sheet
- Bake 15 minutes in oven then lower heat to to 325 and bake 25 minutes Remove puffs from oven, cut in half and the remove dough from the center
- Put puffs in cooling oven, for 20 minutes Cool completely .
- In medium bowl, whip cream with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Stir in
vanilla and sugar. Fill puffs with whipped cream. Melt chocolate chips
in microwave or slowly over low heat. Drizzle melted chocolate on cream puffs, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe adapted from-ALLrecips, dessert Valentines day-section,
So let me tell you about the layers because the title can be confusing. So there is one layer of brownie,chocolate pudding, whipped cream,Then Reese’s peanut butter cups!!This screams my BFF Malina!!!! So she loves chocolate trifles, then she loves chocolate pudding, cool whip everybody loves, and we both share a passion for Reese’s peanut butter cups!!!!!!! When I texted her to ask her what her favorite dessert is. She said Chocolate trifle and Reese’s peanut butter cups. So I decided to add them. My original plan was to do a chocolate cake instead of a brownie. But then I decided to do a brownie. I think that this would be better with a brownie. The brownie goes better with the pudding then cake would. Cake is very light and fluffy and udding is kinda dence. Brownies aren’t as light so that is one of the main reason I added it in. I love trifles. Litterally of flavor.You get one spoonful with one taste and you want to scream. The texture rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have the crunch of the Reese’s and creamy part with the pudding and cool whip then the brownie. I am probably boarding you right now! So I will tell you something interesting.
When I was 9 I made a chocolate chocolate birthday cake. After the cake was done baking I flipped the cake out of the pan. It went bad! It crumbled completly. So using my smart brain I decided to make a trifle. I just put cake,icing,cake,icing,cake, icing! It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It taste just like the cake, since it was, it was just crumbled.My sisters good friend was with us and she liked it to. So that was my birthday cake. For your birthday this should be your birthday cake!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can change the candy. Say you want mint, do peppermint paddies, for color,m&ms, for cookies do a cookies&cream bar!! You can make this your own. My favorite beyond favorite candy is Reese’s peanut butter cups! I will never stop loving them! I treat them like my kids! I know the peanut butter is all sugar but its still good!! But add whatever you want, you could even add more then one candy if you want!
Cook- 25 minutes
Ready in 8 hours 55 minutes
- 1 package brownie mix
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 container frozen whipped topping, thawed ( one 8 one 12 oz)
- 6 reese’s peanut butter cups
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain. Crumble the Rees’e to desiered size
- In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture ,half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping,put Reese’s on top Repeat layers.Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.Serve and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!