(Photo credit: Heather Quintal)
-Light and refreshing with a little crunch, a perfect salad!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white onion, minced
- 10 oz fresh washed spinach
- 1 quart strawberries, washed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup slightly roasted pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk
together the sugar, olive oil, vinegar,
paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, feta cheese, and pecans. Pour dressing over
salad, toss. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes before serving
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
My BFF Malina loves chicken salad. So this one is for her!! What I like about this is, you can put what ever you want on
your sandwich on whatever bread. I put it on whole wheat bread with
lettuce and tomato!!! But some people but other things on theirs. Lots
of people put it on rye bread! What ever you like! My myself, I am a
pretty big chicken salad fan. I love all the textures. The onions and
celery add a nice crunch and a amazing flavor. This way you don’t just
have chicken and mayo. You know what is nice about this? Go on think,
I can wait. Its healthy. Ask yourself, how can something this good be healthy? Well the chicken has protein, the onions and celery are veggies, the bread gives you wheat, and the things you put on the sandwich with the chicken salad is good to!!!! This is a great dish to serve at a party. Put a bowl on the table full of chicken salad, then put out lots of breads and vegetables and have people make their own sandwich. This is great for a picnic to. So try it!!!!!!! You now the best way to make this. With left over chicken. It helps so much. I lovemaking big roast chicken with gravy,potatoes, onions, and bread. But never finish all the chicken in one dinner. So I make it into chicken
salad, everybody loves and we finish it all so we have room in the
fridge for other stuff!
You can really make this your own by putting it on any bread with any toppings! This is the most easy dish you will ever make!! All you do is mix everything in a bowl and put it on some bread! Its a quick and easy lunch, dinner, or snack!!Its really good if you toast your bread, it gives a warm flavor and crunchy texture!
There are thousands of chicken salad recipes. You might think “what is so good about this one”? I will tell you. It comes from the heart. I made this recipe with love for my BFF and when ever you do that, it rocks!! Wow, that was inspiring, I’m so proud of me for making that up! GO ME!!!!!!!! OK, lets do it!
Ready in- 5 minutes
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Swanson® Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Ground black pepper
- Slices of your favorite bread
- Any veggie you want to put on(I put on lettuce and tomato)
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl
- Put on bread along with any other ingredients you want to put on
- Cut in half
Picture Adapted from Allrecipes, Donna
This is the best of the best!!! It has this ultimate melt in your mouth flavor! celery, hard boiled eggs, bacon bits, potatoes, etc. They go great together! I was watching a show on extrodinary flavors and they were putting things like caramel and bacon, mango and hot sauce, all these things that you think wouldn’t be good together but they went together really well. They balenced sweet, spicy, and salty. Everything in this recipe has a . Each ingredient gives a great texture and flavor and when it all comes together as one, it really is delicious! This is a nice easy dish that will be perfect for a picnic or party!! Its a very easy fan favorite!! I love it! I prefer to use red skin potatoes over regular because they have a better chance of staying in shape. White potatoes are better for mashed potatoes because once boiled, they fall apart rather then red potatoes that hold their shape. I don’t want mashed potato potato salad. For more information on potatoes look up your question on google and you will get an answer. I look up everything on google. Thank god for google. So, fun story I was walking in the park the other day and I came across this man selling snow-cones. I wasn’t gonna buy one but he kept screaming “Come back and get a snow cone. So I bought one. It was sour apple flavor. It was delicious. It was on 4th of July so a lot of little set ups like that were around, I guess you can make good money when everybody goes to the park for a picnic. But it was a delicious snow cone. I know it is a completly random topic but it was good and I’m eating a sour green apple and it taste great!! I’m really random, I won most random in 8th grade. Anyway, back to potatoes I love them! When I was younger, everyday I would ask my mom to make potatoes. I was and still am a extreme potato fan. Boiled, mashed, roasted, grilled, creamed, but once in a while its nice to have a potato salad. I only like ceaser salad. I don’t like garden or anything with a ton of veggies. I like fruit salad, but potato salad is so different then anything else. Like name a salad that is just like potato salad. Right? Nothing it is delicious!!
Are y’all bored?. This post took me like 3 days!! I m just so tired an lazy I don’t feel like doing anything but eat and sleep. Its just how I want to spend my life that is how I will spend my life! So, lets just get started on this thing so I can get back to sleep!
- 2 pounds cleaned and scrubbed red potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender about 15 minutes. Drain and put in the refrigerator to cool.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving the skin on. Add to a large bowl, along with the eggs, bacon, onion and celery. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Chill for an hour.